Monday, June 2, 2014

Exciting News! We are Engaged!!



This weekend has been so overwhelming and exciting!

Yesterday(June 1st) Tyrus took me out letterboxing. Little did I know that he would propose!

Well here's a little back story of how we met and then started dating and such:

 
 
That pretty much sums up our relationship. Tyrus played football in the park with my brother and his friends. One day they ditched him so he and I hung out for a bit and learned we both liked Doctor Who but he had only seen a few episodes. I invited him over to watch DW and we started hanging out and eventually he asked me out. Then we learned we both letterboxed and over time we fell in love and now we are engaged.


So now here's the story,

I will be on vacation during our three year anniversary so he asked if he could take me out the day we met, June 1st. I thought it was strange since he couldn't wait for a day that we didn't have church or graduation parties to go to, but I agreed and began to get a bit suspicious.  For the past couple of weeks and even on the day of, I kept going back and forth on whether or not June 1st was the day.

We started the day at Steak & Shake for breakfast. This is our favorite place to go. After breakfast we made our way over to the Hoover Dam park. He printed out a couple of sets of clues in the area but the one we were looking for was titled "No Bologna."
Hoover Dam park is very beautiful and there were a lot of people there for a Sunday morning. I was in charge of the clues and took us the wrong way the first time but we got to meet a friendly Husky and his owner. Tyrus played along quite well during our hunt since he knew where everything
was hidden and knew where we were going.
We found the first box and here is what's inside:
I have been a first finder before and this was pretty different than what I have had before, but non the less it was pretty cool having a bunch of scrolls I couldn't open until the end.
Here are the Stamps we found:
 

 The Ferris Wheel was the first one we found. I got really excited because he asked me out on a Ferris Wheel so I thought he may be proposing.
The next one we found was a cross. Now finding this one made me really frustrated because the clues were wrong so were weren't in the right spot but we did eventually find it. It really helped make it seem like that he wasn't going to so I guess the mess up was an addition to everything but I was also confused by the cross.
Then the third one was a key, which I didn't understand either and threw me off. Then the last was a Top Hat and a rose which I also didn't know.
At the end he explained what each stamp meant:
Ferris Wheel-Where he asked me out
Cross-Our faith and how I had my heart so guarded that he had to go through Jesus to get to me
The Key-He game me the "key" to his heart
The Top Hat and Rose-All the event we have gone to and all that we will go to
It was all very clever because I didn't understand until the end.

At the end this was in the box:
 
I was kind of getting really giddy at this point. I was finally able to get out all of the scrolls and read them. They all had these little Velcro dots on them that allowed me to attach it to this card stock paper stuff. 
 
I got really excited after reading the Bible verse and the Doctor Who reference. Then there was this sheet of tracing paper that I had to lay over top of the quotes.
Mother Hen drew all of the stars and the moon and music notes and stuff which is really cool. Well when the paper was laid over the quotes it circled letters from different words. I had to press the paper down in order to see all of the letters in the circles. I read the first two words out loud,

"Will"
(My lovely ring ^-^)

 "You"
 
 
"M-A-R-R-Y Me"
 
As soon as I finished I looked up and there he was on one knee with the ring and asked me to marry him. I was sitting on a bench and I slid off of it and into his lap and just started crying(happy tear of course) and said yes.
 
I took off my promise ring that he had given me on our two year anniversary and he tried putting the engagement ring on my index finger until I asked what he was doing.
Oh I cried a lot I was so happy.
Here's the view from where he proposed:


 
This is where he proposed :)
We finally gathered everything and made it back to the car and we went to see the dam.



 


As we were walking around he began to explain how he pulled everything together. He asked Jeeves to help him from the beginning to plant the boxes. He also asked GypsyLadybug to carve the stamps. Thank you to both of you for making that day possible! It was so unbelievable!
Every time he had gone up to "help his uncle with his garden" he was actually searching for or planting the boxes with Jeeves. I just can't believe that he was able to plan something so elaborate even with the help from others. It just blew my mind how everything just came together. He had been planning all of this since February. He even asked my parents for my hand in marriage all the way back in February. I also had been sleeping under my ring for about a month or so because my parents had it in their safe.
This entire things has just been so exciting. I'm so happy. I'm also so happy of how we were able to become a part of the letterboxing community that treats everyone like family and helps people plan special days like our engagement. :')
 
 
Later we went to Jenni's ice cream at the Easton mall and hung out there for a bit.
Dark Chocolate ice cream mmmm
 

Later that day We went to my bestfriend's graduation party and she knew that he was proposing today. She sent me this before we made it to the park. She's lucky she didn't give anything away.
 
 
 
After her graduation we went to another friend's party and both she, her mother, and sister all flipped when we told them about our engagement. It was pretty funny.
 
 
So yes, this now means we will be planning a wedding. it's going to be a year or so but the time is coming. :)
 
 
~Catchow
 



7 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Catchow and Tyrus! I hate over-the-top engagement stories, but anything involving letterboxing is perfect! So excited for you both! libraryKAT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I love your story! Great job keeping it a secret, Tyrus! I wish you a marriage that's bigger on the inside! ;)
    Mitzi (Cookie Cutter)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! What a fun memory! Hope you have many, many more mysteries of life to discover together!

    FloridaFour

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! What an awesome sweet proposal, I about cried! Definitely purple diamond boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! What a romantic guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful love story, so happy you found each other, congrats Transient Toadstool

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet, charming story. Congratulations to you both!

    ReplyDelete